Scholarships to Join the Honors College
Join a community of scholars in our two four-year programs! The Top Scholar and Terry Scholar programs provide students with four years of tuition, room and board, as well as seed funding toward study abroad and other educational opportunities. Students apply to these programs before they are admitted to UTSA.
Distinguished Presidential Award
Honors College invitations are automatically aligned with UTSA's Distinguished Presidential Award. If you are receiving this award upon your admission to UTSA, you should also be sent an invitation to join the Honors College.
The Honors Experience (T.H.E.) Scholarship for New Students
We also provide scholarships to new students joining the Honors College, whether you are a first-year student in college, a transfer student, or if you are a UTSA student.
|Open Date||Deadline Date||Scholarship Application|
|Each March||Each April||HUB Scholarship Application|
T.H.E. Scholarship for New Students is offered by the Honors College to help our new students get an accelerated their path to graduation and a chance to start Honors courses the summer before they join. Students receive scholarships to take classes in Summer terms and those meeting eligible continuation requirements will be considered for a scholarship for Fall 2021.
To be eligible to receive the award in Summer, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Complete and submit the application via the Scholarship Hub
- New freshman accepted in the Honors College for Fall 2021
- Enroll in six hours of classes in Summer 2021
- Complete and submit the “Change Acceptance Term” form via RowdyLink: https://rowdylink.utsa.edu/submitter/form/start/474702.
To remain eligible to receive the award in Fall, the student must meet these additional requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full-time UTSA student in Fall 2021
- Successfully completed at least 6 hours of coursework in Summer 2021
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5+
- Be a member of the Honors College on Census Day of Fall 2021
- Enroll in Honors 101 and Civic Ethos in Fall 2021
- Have a 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TAFSA) on file; however, financial need is not a criterion.
- Award Amounts: $500-$1000 for the Academic Year
All scholarship opportunities are available through one central scholarship form. Please click on the link below to direct you to the UTSA One Stop Enrollment page, where you can apply through the Scholarship Hub.
On the Scholarship Recipients webpage, scholarship recipients will find complete information regarding the scholarship agreement, thank you letter samples, scholar recipient forms, requirements for scholarship renewal, waiver requests.
If you encounter any problems or have any questions, contact UTSA OneStop.